Thu, Feb 09|
The Marriage of Imago Theory and Polyvagal Theory (1)
What happens in the space between us is driven by two biological imperatives: the drive for survival versus the drive for connection.
Time & Location
Feb 09, 2023, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
About the event
A Marriage Made in the Space Between
Together Orli and Hayley will introduce, explore, and demonstrate the natural application of blending these two theories in practical and clinical situations to enrich the experience of couples. There will be lectures, demonstrations, videos, and experiential tasks in small groups and dyads. Over the next ten weeks we will immerse you in the embodied experience of regulation and the myriad ways to map, navigate and co-regulate your nervous system as you show up in your relationships with partners, family, friends, colleagues, and strangers. You will build a social engagement strategy, explore deepening connection, and better understand the neurobiological experience of the “space between us.”
This course is for:
- Imago Practitioners
- Imago Couples
- Imago informed individuals
- Imago informed professionals
We will Meet:
- Thursdays10am-12 pm ET
- Feb 2-Apr 20
- Via a HIPAA secure Zoom platformWhat to Expect:
- Dyads and small groups
- Hands on participation
- Weekly agenda in advance
- Practical application between sessions
- Dialogues and stems that can be used in clinical applications
Brought to you by:
- Orli Wahrman, MSW, Sr. Faculty IITI, Advanced Imago Therapist, Workshop Presenter
- Hayley Hoffman, MA, LCP, Imago Therapist, Workshop Presenter, Certified SSP, Polyvagal Informed Therapist
- How to explain Polyvagal theory through the lens of Imago theory to clients/couples
- Understand the clear overlap of Imago Theory and Practice with Polyvagal Theory and Practice
- How to use Polyvagal Theory in conjunction with Imago Theory in clinical and practical settings
Participants will be able to:
- Describe and identify their autonomic states: inside, outside, and in between
- Map an autonomic nervous system of clients/others
- Build a personalized resource kit of breathing and movement that reflects various states
- Use resources to explore survival and return to connection
- Strengthen neurological wiring for regulation: self-regulation and co-regulation
- Explain why Imago and Polyvagal are a good match and how to implement them together in clinical/personal situations
- Craft a social engagement strategy with self and other
Need to Know:
- This group is limited to 22 participants.
- Participants should be conversant in Imago Theory, no knowledge of Polyvagal theory required to join.
- Couples may participate together from one camera/computer, counting as one participant and paying a reduced rate.
- Sessions will be recorded for use between sessions. Use is limited to participants.
- Pay weekly or pay in advance and Save 10%.
About the Presenters:
Hayley is an LPC and Certified Imago Relationship Therapist. She holds an M.A. in Clinical Counseling from Northwestern University and is trained in Sex Therapy, Safe and Sound Protocol, and Polyvagal Theory among other things.
Orli Wahrman is an MSW from Israel. She is a Senior Faculty with the Imago International Training Institute. Orli is a family and couples' therapist and supervisor, an Imago Clinical Instructor, Somatic Experiencing and Sex therapist and supervisor. Orli is also a Sociocracy consultant, working both with families and organizations.
Our Cancellation Policy
- Space is considered “reserved” after payment has been received. You will be notified when payment and registration are completed.
- After registration is confirmed, requested refunds are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
- If a cancellation occurs within 14 days (two weeks) of the event's start date, an additional $100 cancellation fee applies.
- If a cancellation occurs within 7 days (one week) of the start date, a refund is not available.
- Refunds and credits are not available for participants who “no show”.
- Refunds are issued for “presenter canceled” events.