Fri, Jul 29|
Safe and Sound Protocol Group
The Safe and Sound Protocol (for Adults) is a practical application of Polyvagal Theory, designed to reduce sound sensitivities and improve auditory processing, behavioral state regulation, and social engagement behaviors. The SSP is delivered through specially-filter music that tones the middle ear
Time & Location
Jul 29, 2022, 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM EDT
About the event
When and Where?
For 10 weeks, we will meet via a zoom platform starting on July 8-Sept 9. We meet weekly on Fridays from 8 am-9:30 am ET. Each session will be made up of:
- educational content regarding Polyvagal Theory and regulating your autonomic nervous system
- small group (2-3 people) processing time
- music listening time
- whole group processing
Is there more?
- Each participant needs over-the-ear (circumaural) headphones because they allow for an immersive sound experience
- On-ear headphones and earbuds are not recommended
- Avoid noise-canceling headphones (unless noise-canceling can be turned off)
- Avoid headphones with a bass boosting feature, or turn it off.
- Bluetooth headphones are approved as long as the distance between the headphones and the device is kept to a minimum so as to not disrupt the music.
Each participant will be invited to install the free SSP app on their personal phone for the duration of the group.
There is no additional knowledge required to participate. There are no prerequisites.
There will be an opportunity in December to join “The Marriage of Imago and Polyvagal Theories”: a ten-week course for Imago Therapists, Facilitators, or Couples. Save the Date for Fridays starting Dec 2, 2022. This course will be co-taught by Orli Wahrman and Hayley Hoffman.
Each participant pays $40/session, payable as a single fee in advance for a savings of $50 ($350) or weekly for a total of $400.
There is an additional fee of $10/ month to have unlimited access to the tool, during the group and onward. This is payable to your provider (Hayley Hoffman, via Venmo or Zelle).
We will run the course with a minimum of 10 participants and a maximum of 20.
Please contact me directly if you have questions.
Please feel free to share this with anyone you think might benefit!
Who is Hayley?
I am a certified Imago Therapist, working in person and virtually from my home base of Washington DC. I am trained in Polyvagal Informed therapy and, I am a certified SSP provider.